Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Prayers for those who Travel

     At every Matins (Morning Prayers) and Vespers (Evening Prayers) service at our parish at the time when we pray for various needs, along with prayers for "all the poor and the sick and suffering of our community", prayers are offered for "all travellers".  For my part as I pray, that includes all who enjoy my favorite RPG. 

     There is also this, a part of the Great Litany, a prayer office used during penitential seasons:
     That it may please Thee to preserve all who travel by land, by water, or by air, all women in child-birth, all sick persons, and young children; and to show Thy pity upon all prisoners and captives;   We beseech Thee to hear us, good Lord.

     From the Propers of the Mass for Pilgrims and Travelers:

O hold thou up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not: incline thine ear to me, and hearken unto my words: shew thy marvelous loving-kindness, thou that art the Savior of them which put their trust in thee, O Lord.
(from Psalm 17)



No comments:

Post a Comment